Terms and Conditions
- A refund policy will apply for cancellation as follows:
Cancellation more than 60 calendar days before the event will be refunded in its entirety.
Cancellation between 30 to 60 calendar days before the event will be given a 75% refund.
Cancellation within 30 calendar days before the event will not be refunded.
- Transfer of registration is allowed if you notify our office at least 5 business days before event. Please note that any difference in fees will have to be paid if the replacement registrant is not entitled to the same rate. No refunds will be provided for transfers to a lower fee item.
- Engineers Australia reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel all or any of the arrangements contained in the program.
- Engineers Australia cannot accept responsibility for delegates’ late transport arrivals or non-arrivals due to delays outside of their control.
- During your attendance at this event your image or voice may be recorded via video, photograph or by any other means (“recorded”) by an officer or official of this event, which may be distributed or published at the discretion of Engineers Australia.
DATA PROCESSING CONSENT
Why do we ask for your consent during registration?
By registering for this event you also consent to us providing your name and contact details (including email address) to third parties related to the event which may include sponsors, contracted service providers, event speakers, organisers, hosts or facilitators, for the purposes of administering the event and to inform you of future events, benefits or other opportunities. You also consent to us providing your name, organisation and country/state of origin being published on the delegate list or app (or other format) which is provided to delegates, exhibitors and sponsors at the event.
You are also advised that sound and image recordings will be taken during the event to enable us to improve our events, and may be reproduced for promotional purposes.
You retain the right to ask us about your personal data at any time. Please contact us with any inquiries you may have.
You retain the right to withdraw consent to use your personal data at any time. Please be aware that a withdrawal of consent before the start of this event may incur a full registration cancellation and an administration cancellation fee may be required.
You retain the right to request that we forget or ‘anonymise’ your personal data. Upon request we will retain any financial, tax or event attendance records for reporting reasons, but will remove all personal data from our database, leaving an ‘anonymised’ record for reporting reasons.
Data Protection Officer Contact Details:
The Privacy Officer – Office of the CEO
11 National Circuit, Barton ACT 2600
CONGRESS APP ATTENDEE VISIBILITY
Why are we asking you to Opt-In or Opt-Out of Attendee App Visibility?
Many conferences will offer a mobile phone app for delegates to interact and access information during the Congress. During the course of this event you can consent to have your personal details shared with other attendees. This includes your photo, name, organisation, position, state and country.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of all personal data you provide us for this event registration, and this includes your visibility in the Attendee App. You can change your visibility at any time directly within the Attendee App. If you choose to withdraw your consent, you are still able to use the attendee app however your details will not be shown in the attendee search, and you will not be able to contribute to the Event Stream.
Should you have any questions regarding the above information please contact the Congress secretariat here.