18th Australian International Aerospace Conference 2019
Abstract submissions are now closed.
Abstracts will be invited for the Australian International Aerospace Congress 2019 (AIAC18). The theme of the Congress is “Innovation within a contemporary aerospace industry”. If you wish to submit an abstract for consideration by the Technical Committee, you must also intend to register for the Congress. Online submission is the only method for submitting abstracts.
Abstracts are sought for papers and/or presentations for delivery at the congress at the Crown convention centre (Monday and Tuesday). The abstracts describe research and/ or a significant body of work, including from within industry, academia and Defence.
Presentation brief are sought on Application Technologies, relevant to Aerospace, under various stages of development for the “Technology Sessions” on-site at the Avalon Air-show (Wednesday and Thursday Mornings). The focus and scope of the brief need cover aspects of design philosophy, development status, system specification, trials and TRL.
Papers will be divided into the disciplines below. (Please note: Maximum page length for full papers is 6 pages)
Design, Aerodynamics and Propulsion
The Technical Subcommittee invites abstracts which present new and innovative development in:
- aerospace systems design (including UAS and space vehicles). Topics may include aircraft (including UAS and space vehicles) configuration design, multidisciplinary design optimisation (MDO), green aircraft technologies, life-cycle analysis, aircraft performance, stability & control and design methodologies.
- analytical and experimental aerodynamics and astrodynamics. Topics may include CFD methodologies and applications, hypersonic aerodynamics, laminar flow, experimental aerodynamics, low Reynolds Number flow, aero acoustics, fluidic and boundary layer control.
- propulsion systems. Topics for this includes engines, drive systems, platform energy requirements, green technologies, propulsion system integration and related airframe/engine technologies.
Structures & Materials, Systems, Avionics, ATM and Mission Systems
The Subcommittee invites abstracts on (for aircraft, UAS and spacecraft):
- the development, design, analysis, testing, service experiences, or novel applications of structures and materials. The topics include; advanced metallic & Composite Materials and Structures (CMS), their durability & damage tolerance, fatigue & facture, impact behaviour, probabilistic mechanics and structural reliability methods.
- new and innovative design and development in aircraft systems. Topics may include, flight control systems, electrical systems, power supply systems, communications systems, navigation systems and ground support/control systems
- new and innovative design and development in Avionics & Mission Systems (MS). Topics may include aircraft avionic displays, sensors & instruments, communications, weapons systems, fire control architecture, software, survivability, and associated systems critical to successful accomplishment of missions. Methods for addressing the obsolescence of such systems and its timely upgrade including modifications, for capability enhancement may also be covered as well human factors and, air traffic management
- Durability and degradation of the structure and materials due to various loads and operational environment will form the key focus of the Congress. Methods adopted for NDI and NDT, including prognostic lay-ups/tools covering de-lamination, crack growths & corrosion; and its associated modes of repair and structural modifications may also be covered.
Operations & Support and Airworthiness & Regulations
The Technical Subcommittee invites abstracts covering both military & civil aspects (for both aviation and space) in the areas of:
- concepts-of-operation; tactics & techniques, vulnerability & survivability; operational effectiveness; decision aiding; command & control; intelligence & electronic data gathering applications; continued operational safety and associated Safety Management Systems (SMS).
- Aircraft and spacecraft supportability that requires new and innovative support concepts. The topic areas range from Platform Maintenance Applications (PMA); Maintenance Requirements Determination (MRD); Reliability Availability Maintainability (RAM); Performance Based Logistics (PBL), Condition Based Maintenance (CBM); Contractor Logistics Support (CLS); and Fleet Information Management (FIM).
- Aviation and space regulations and regulatory systems. The topic areas range from design development, approval, acceptance, initial and continuing airworthiness and support systems.
Application and Technologies
The Technical Subcommittee invites abstracts which present:
- new and innovative programs/projects/tasks at various stages of design & development; operational test & validation; airworthiness & certification; and induction in-service. Topics to include airframe structures & materials; power-plants; and avionics & systems.
Young Engineers & Students
The Young Engineers & Students Subcommittee invites abstracts from undergraduate/postgraduate students, including young engineers in various organisations. The papers may cover any of the aerospace and aviation domains addressed by AIAC18 disciplines, which include: Design, Aerodynamics, Propulsion; Structures & Materials, Systems, Avionics/Mission Systems; Operations & Support and Airworthiness & Regulations.
Please note: that your abstract will not be included in the program if you do not register and pay for your registration.
Instructions for the preparation of papers will be sent to authors upon notification of the abstract acceptance. The notification will include specific presentation instructions but in the interim, those preparing papers, please see the templates below:
Submission Deadline: Midnight November 8th 2018
Submission Deadline: 5pm December 31st 2018